European Development Days 2018
Organised by the European Commission, the European Development Days (EDD) bring the development community together each year to share ideas and experiences in ways that inspire new partnerships and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. This year's EDD zoom in on a theme close to our hearts: empowering and engaging women and girls in global sustainable development.
Drawing on our experiences from projects worldwide, we’ll be leading a large debate on 5 June (9.30 - 10.45): ‘Eliminating Violence in and around Schools and other Educational Settings: Establishing and Sustaining Partnership Approaches to Eliminating Violence in and around Schools and Other Education Settings’.
The high-level panellists represent organisations that are partners in key programmes around the world on eliminating school-related gender-based violence:
- Anne-Brigitte Albrectsen, CEO of Plan International
- Anna Murru, partnership manager of VVOB
- Nora Fyles, head of the United Nations Girls’ Education Initiative (UNGEI) Secretariat
- Hendrina Doroba, executive director of FAWE
- Madeleine Kennedy-Macfoy, coordinator of the Gender Equality Action Plan at Education International (EI), and leader of the joint EI/UNGEI programme ‘Teachers Take Action to End school-related gender-based violence’
Register here for the European Development Days.
Find out more about our large debate here.