S4YE Partner Summit 2019 'Innovations in youth employment: solutions for sustainable impact'
Solutions for Youth Employment (S4YE) brings together its partners in-person for the first time. Participants include:
- S4YE Board of Directors
- Key donors from bilateral agencies
- World Bank Group senior management and teams leading youth employment operations
- Senior executives from private sector firms launching the new Private Sector Advisory Council
- Members of S4YE’s Impact Portfolio, a community of innovative youth employment projects
- Youth leaders who were selected to join the newly-formed S4YE Youth Advisory Group
- Technical experts and other stakeholders
Day 1 includes an open forum to showcase innovative approaches that are being tried and tested by private sector companies, civil society organisations, foundations and World Bank teams.
As a prospective member VVOB has been invited to give a lightning talk on 'Taking a sectoral approach'. VVOB presents its “Skilling for Sustainable Tourism” programme in Ecuador, which brings together partners from the TVET sector and the tourism and travel industry to prepare youth for employment in this key sector of the Ecuadorian economy. Interactive discussions will explore how these new innovative ideas can be scaled up through strategic partnerships. Events on day 2 are reserved for workshops and the S4YE Board Meeting.