World Youth Skills Day 2020 will take place in a challenging context. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is substantially affecting education and training sectors worldwide. The virtual conferences by UNESCO-UNEVOC are organised in the week leading up to 15 July, World Youth Skills Day. The discussions take place on the TVeT Forum. The following threads will be opened for discussion on the days specified and will remain open through the virtual conference period:
- Monday, 6 July: Implications of the pandemic on youth skills development
- Tuesday, 7 July: TVET institutions - Good practices in distance learning in no-, low- and high-tech scenarios
- Thursday, 9 July: Labour market - Implications of the pandemic on jobs and future skills development
- Friday, 10 July: Young people - Perspectives on their hopes and fears going forward
- Monday, 13 July: TVET systems - System-wide responses to the impact of the pandemic
This virtual conference on Skills for a Resilient Youth is moderated by Terry Neal from the Commonwealth of Learning.